Every month SSI highlights one of many safety trade’s most progressive integrators that has attended the SSI Summit. This month is Vector Safety.
SSI Summit Stars is a brand new month-to-month division that highlights a number of the safety trade’s most progressive integrators which have attended the SSI Summit. This unique, invitation-only occasion is held yearly along side the Whole Tech Summit, which incorporates lots of extra integrators from the residential and business A/V fields.
This month, SSI hears from Vector Safety President and CEO Pam Petrow.
Vector Safety President and CEO Pam Petrow.
My profession with Vector Safety began in 1982, working in quite a few capacities together with gross sales, department/district administration, and a number of other corprate positions. I used to be promoted to COO in 2008 and named CEO in 2010. In 2012, I had the dignity of being elected to the SSI Trade Corridor of Fame and earlier this yr was appointed to The Philadelphia Contributionship Board of Administrators, Vector Safety’s sister group.
I’ve at all times believed in collaborating in safety associations, having held management roles, and volunteering inside our native communities. We’re lucky to work in an trade the place daily we see the worth of what we do for our clients — defending lives and property and offering peace of thoughts for residents and enterprise homeowners. What we do issues.
TOP 3 CHALLENGES
1. Expertise. Discovering people with the talents and attitudes that assist our Mission & Values is a problem. We’ve made adjustments to our recruiting strategies, onboarding and current staff member engagement as a part of our effort to deal with this problem.
2. Tempo of Know-how. Know-how continues to alter at a tempo that may be difficult to maintain everybody present. We’ve redefined our product/answer launch so we have now a course of in place that may create the very best inner expertise and highest success charge for launches of latest merchandise and options.
3. Altering Buyer Expectations. Prospects now count on custom-made options and alternative routes of doing enterprise with you. We proceed to work with our companions and construct out inner buyer portals that may improve their expertise with us and make it straightforward to do enterprise with us.
TOP 3 OPPORTUNITIES
1. Know-how. It’s an thrilling time to be within the house with new expertise being launched on a regular basis. New entrants out there are difficult the established order and making everybody be extra artistic and agile to remain aggressive.
2. AI. The alternatives to make the most of AI inside our options set are various and can create unimaginable worth to the shoppers, first responders and the trade normally.
3. ERP System. We simply started implementation of a companywide ERP [enterprise resource planning] system that we consider will allow us to be extra environment friendly, create a greater buyer expertise, and supply integration alternatives with different companions and clients.
TOP 3 DIFFERENTIATORS
1. Our Workforce. We’ve a staff of passionate people that care about what they do daily, which interprets right into a low attrition charge and a gradual circulate of referral enterprise. We stay our firm mission and values daily.
2. Buyer and Companion Portals. We’ve constructed out our buyer and associate portals to boost their expertise and streamline their interactions with us.
3. Market Measurement. We’re in an ideal place that’s giant sufficient to have the sources to remain related, but not so giant that we have now misplaced contact with the native markets and the person buyer expectations.
For more information on the SSI and Whole Tech Summit, go to totaltechsummit.com.